Chairman of the Commettee : Maurizio Costa
The Appointments Committee is comprised of five non-executive members, three of whom are independent pursuant to article 19 of the Articles of Association, including the Chairman.
The Committee performs advisory and consultation functions for:
- the parent company’s annual Board assessment;
- identifying the Board’s optimal quali-quantitative composition and the subsequent check that the Board resulting from the appointment process effectively corresponds with the optimal composition identified;
- supporting the outgoing Board of Directors in the presentation of the list of directorship candidates;
- proposals of Directors to be co-opted in the event that individual directors leave office, and recommendations for the appointment of the Executive Committee, the CEO and, upon the CEO’s proposal, the General Manager;
- the succession plans for executive directors and key function holders (heads of the control functions and the group’s main business areas);
- governance issues.
The CEO and General Manager are invited to the meetings.
Meetings and activities
The Committee met nine times in the year ended 30 June 2019. The average rate of participation was 96%.