MEDIOBANCA GROUP APPROACH
- To define its commitment in this area, the Board approved a Sustainability Policy to add to the group’s existing Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Chief Executive Officer is in charge of Group sustainability and he is supported by a Group Sustainability management Committee which is composed by key people within the Group and by a dedicated Unit. Moreover , on 19 September 2019 was appointed a Corporate Social Responsibility Committee within the Board of Directors that is responsible for prior analysis of sustainability issues .
- Some sustainability objectives have been included in our Strategic Plan 2019-2023 as proof of our commitment to incorporating CSR into the Group’s industrial and financial strategies
- In our Sustainability Policy we have identified four priority areas for the Group: Measures to tackle bribery and corruption, Human rights, Diversity and inclusion and Climate change and the environment.
- The Policy is based on the main international declarations and regulations governing these areas, and the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact of which the Mediobanca Group is a signatory; it promotes sustainable growth for the business, with a view to creating and protecting value for all our stakeholders.
- As a Group, we seek to play an active role in our communities. For this reason we have identified three areas in which we are actively committed:
- - Environment and territory
- Culture, research and innovation
- Social inclusion
- As well as the areas themselves, we have also set out selection criteria to help us choose which projects to support and promote.