Technology and innovation
The spread and development of new technologies are transforming products, services and consumer habits at a speed that is unprecedented. This process has reached full throttle in the last ten years, making established products and technologies obsolete in a relatively short space of time. Consumer habits too have been profoundly influenced by technology, which has now become the main driver in developing products and services and as a result is increasingly becoming a key and distinctive success factor.
The Mediobanca Group is focused on highly specialized businesses in which we represent professionalism and excellence. In the 2016-19 business plan we stepped up our strategic reshaping, with the objective of completing the transformation of Mediobanca into a long-term value player. To reach this objective, we are well aware that technology and digitalization are fundamental to be able to continue to offer high-quality products and services.
Management of technology infrastructure is centralized at Mediobanca Innovation Services, with local IT department to support specific business units (federative approach).
- Group IT manages 900 applications and more than 3,200 servers, with a lower cost base than our peers (IT costs/revenues: 6%, vs market 9%)
- Diversity: 1/5 of IT staff are women.
- supporting growth in the business,
- making the operating processes more efficient (and hence less costly),
- increasing security levels.
Objectives: simplify, exploit, protect